On March 6th Global Caravan Technologies unveiled the CR-1 trailer prototype, the first all-carbon fiber travel trailer in the world. It's big, black, and badass to say the least. Take a virtual walk-around of the CR-1...
Unveiled at the Dallara IndyCar Factory in Speedway, IN and weighing half as much as a conventional trailer, the CR-1 is the result of collaboration between former IndyCar engineers, Purdue University, aerospace engineers, and even the Chinese.
GCT describes the CR-1:
Style and craftsmanship are blended uniquely together in the CR-1 Carbon to pave way for unprecedented luxury standards and options, making camping more glamorous. The CR-1 Carbon is the first of many planned products in the CR-Series, and is one of the more premium offerings for super-luxury towables by GCT. Customers can take a step even further into super-luxury by selecting a custom build, or as a more practical option the CR-1 Luxury will blend carbon fiber content with full-time camping in mind.
Standard on CR-1:
- All-carbon fiber construction for massive weight reduction and strength gain
- Bonded structure provides moisture block and superior product lifespan
- Custom luxury automotive designed exterior lighting
- Carbon fiber entry door and exterior doors with marine hardware
- High-design interior fusing leather and carbon fiber styling in impeccable luxury
- Large rear entertainment/lounge area doubles as workstation
- Walk-through master bath with custom features
- Flush-body design for enhanced towing, better clearance and maneuverability
CR-1 Carbon Options:
- Smart control iOS/Android/PC software platform manages all system control functions
- Smart control adjustable-tint privacy glass in front, rear, and bedroom ceiling
- Up to 700W equivalent solar system with 300AH 5-year warranty AGM batteries
- Integrated generator
- Washer and dryer
- Run-flat tires for improved highway towing safety
- Second awning on off-door side of unit
- Satellite TV and wi-fi router
And just how much will this level of carbon badass-ness cost? Estimates say the CR-1 will start at a cool $100k and range all the way up to $500K. Check out GCT for more information.
Whether you have a half a million dollar RV or an old $1,000 trailer, you can still see the most amazing places in America, our national parks: